Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Our New Hen Friends

So I was very excited to be able to pick up our new friends last night in Burlington. I was unable to get a peek at who I was getting as she had already caught and boxed up for me prior to my arrival. Needless to say I was a little nervous about what they might look like when I was able to finally arrive home and catch a glimpse for the first time.
I noted alot of her hens had bald backs and hens due to the rooster having his way with them (holy cow i had no idea roosters were THAT big).
Anyway, seeing as I am sitting at work and actually do have work to be done I am going to go for now...but be ware I will be back later to take some time to talk and post pics about my new ladies.
I think you'll like that as much as I do!

1 comment:

  1. and let's see the egg, too! how exciting. i wondered if they'd need time to re-adjust before laying.

    ReplyDelete