Monday, July 6, 2009

Animal Cruelty at it's Finest!

Today in the peak of the heat I went to the grocery store to pick up a few things to make taco's for dinner. I pull into the parking lot and take my place next door to a black VW~windows rolled up tight with a happy little black and white spotted dog locked inside!
HOLY FREAKIN SHIT! Are you kidding me? Who does this and should I call the cops? Well 911 is not really an option, Terryville is a small town a quick call to the dispatcher would have the cops out in a matter of minutes. I think the real question was ...how long has this poor little doggy been locked up? I tried the door handles.... both locked (your damn right i would've taken that dog out no problem). Damn it! I grab out my cell phone and call 411. (Does anyone ever have the number to the police station off hand? NO of course not.) I am connected with the cops and as I am telling the cop that I am calling about a dog locked in a car... a girl carrying a gallon of milk is making her way in my direction...oh wait, I think the owner is coming now, disregard. Sure enough, she is the owner of the car....and the dog. WHAT AN IDIOT SHE IS~I hope she saw me looking at her and wonders why I was sitting in my car half sticking out on the phone! I say nothing to her, relieved to know that she was back and had more than likely pulled in right before me (and yes, i checked my watch as soon as I saw the dog...I sat there approximately 3 minutes)~her poor little spotted doggy was probably not even locked up for 5 minutes... but seriously people! It was easily 80 degrees and clear skies, not a cloud to obscure the suns rays. This pooch could've been baked quickly and torturously.
Fact: The temperature inside a vehicle can rise up to 20 degrees in the first five minutes.
So while Little Miss Gallon of Milk may have locked her doggy up at a sultry 80 degrees even if she ran in and out of the store quickly her poor poochy was potentially baking in at 100 degrees~at that rate he would've been well done in just a couple hours... all for a $4.00 gallon of milk. How sad is that?
Anyway, it just disappoints me that people don't think...or think "its just a minute". Well, its just a life you could be taking away by being so selfish. Make the ten minute trip to your house, drop off Spot and THEN get the milk. Saving the few cents in gas to cut down on the trips is not worth the dogs life.

No comments:

Post a Comment