Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Simple Man....

I haven't properly introduced John yet. He's my husband of ... um, well.. Mason is almost 13, so I believe me and John will have been married 11 years this coming October. We met in the military and were somewhat "forced" together by fate I suppose. I am a believer in everything happens for a reason so for lack of a better word I'm going to go with fate. We have our ups and downs, we have our fights and we have our moments of utter frustration. But through it all we sustain and remain...
We are about as different as oil and vinegar. I almost think this is how we have survive the test of time. In one breath we will fight and yell and three minutes later talk about what we will be doing together and making plans for 15 years

from now.
Its weird~but I dont feel like I need to explain it, it works for us and the way I see it we are the only two whose opinion counts in our relationship.
This past weekend John and Mason went away for a boys weekend in Pittsfield, Mass to do some quad riding and camping. Although he did not think to bring the camera with him, someone was nice enough to share two pictures taken with someone else's camera. They had a blast. John enjoys the more simple things in life and i love that about him. He's a country boy~refined.
When John calls my phone the song Simple Man by Shinedown plays. I actually love the song, i think its a triumph to who he is...and I happen to know he too loves the song. But for some, my song choice is a reason to talk shit about our relationship. But now that I think about it, the person who used the song as a gossip session is the same person who talks shit about little kids and will always find the negative in everything. HMMM....as i said only John and my opinion count anyway...

Forget your lust for the rich man's gold
All that you need now is in your soul
And you can do this(oh baby)if you try
All that I want from you my son is to be satisfied
Simple Man by Shinedown

No comments:

Post a Comment