Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Buy Nothing Challenge...Can We Do It?

Recently while pecking around the blog The Crunchy Chicken the author had set up the guidelines for the Buy Nothing Challenge for August and ask her follow bloggers to join in. It was funny because recently I told my husband that we need to be very careful with our "extracurricular" spending....as we tend to waste money we often don't have on things we often don't need... As is the American way, No? Anyway, it's stupid and we need to stop.
To enforce the rules for myself I have copied the guidelines here for easy reference when the urge to fall off the wagon does arise. I have to admit, with the new school year approaching quick I will still be able to shop and spend guilt free...unfortunately none of it will be for me. SIGH!

* No new clothes
* No new gadgets
* No new furniture or housewares
* No salon services
* No makeup
* No tools
* No~ whatever the hell else people buy

1 comment:

  1. i'm doing it, too. but i got my hair cut yesterday cuz i knew there was no way i could last til sept if i didn't do it NOW! we'll see how it goes. i actually thought i'd go buy some stuff today but then as i was driving thru the plaza parking lots, i thought better of it. instead i spent $45 on booze at the grocery store. oh and some dinner. is booze on that list??

    ReplyDelete