Sunday, June 28, 2009

Fun with Colors

So we had some free time and thought we would try something new. Abi is on like a PEACE loving TIE-DYE wearing frenzy these days....so what better way to pay tribute to the 60's then making our very own tie-dyes. We hoped into the car drove out to Michael's craft store and picked up the essentials....$21 later we were back home with two t-shirts, a purse, and a tie-dye kit thoroughly reading instructions on "how to" make perfectly beautiful tie-dyes...just like Gramma use to wear! LOL. Ok, so maybe my mom really never got into the whole tie-dye attire but she probably would've if she could've!
The top photo graph is my tie-dyed hands. If you are going to use a tie-dye kit I suggest you actually use the plastic gloves that come in the kit because this stuff DOES stick to your skin...even if it doesn't always stick to the fabric! The second photo is the "unfinished" products. We tried the bundle method, the spiral method and the rolled up method.
I will post pictures of the finished products tomorrow or later this week (they came out pretty nice i have to admit!).
Anyway...the point of my story is...we had alot of fun and I was so excited by the results I started looking around to see what else I could dye. I think I will resist the urge to over do it though, and we'll try this trick again for Abi's b-day party again in a few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment