Saturday, June 27, 2009

And the seven day forecast calls for....

MORE RAIN! CAN YOU EVEN BELIEVE IT? Last night me and Abi did Relay for Life with her dance studio~Reach for the Stars. Initially, we sat sheltered by the overhang of the high school watching lightening crash down on the nearby hills. My mother called to make sure that we were safe and not walking fearlessly amongst the tornadoes...as much of the state was under tornado watch!
We were wet, we were cold, and i have to admit...I was miserable.
There was FINALLY a break in the storm and it allowed us to go back to the field, set up camp and commence the Relaying Ceremonies! We dredged lap after lap through muck and mud. By 1:00am my daughter, defeated by exhaustion and soaking wet sneakers decided it was time to call it a night! We packed our beds and headed home with the heat on high warming my thoroughly frozen toes!
Next year, we'll bring extra shoes and plenty of band-aids to ward off those blisters brought on by the dampness.
I will post pictures soon. ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment