Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Kids...An Introduction







I am going to take a quick minute to make introductions...after all you may not know everyone who resides here....and it is a full house! Really, you didn't actually think it was all about me and the chickens....did you?




That is Mason on the end..born Mason Nash Webster on August 9, 1996. He is my first born who entered into existence at Richland Memorial Hospital in Columbia South Carolina while me and John were serving time in the USAF. He was a less than ideal first birth; causing me and my body much distress in my last four days of pregnancy. He was lazy to come out...and after 4 days of labor, I was lazy to push. Regardless, he was born...without a cry...and has remained somewhat shy and quiet ever since. I actually find it interesting that how children are born into the world has somewhat of a reflection on who they are or will be as they grow up. He plays soccer, he loves motorized vehicles...and he's the kind of child that if you show him once...He can remember how to do it forever. He's very hands on and incredibly caring. He's the love of my life and actually, I do believe he saved my life (although that is story to be told another day). In short, if it weren't for him I may have neve chosen to grow up and be responsble. He is my strength in a very hectic home. Who needs a husband with a son like Mason around. :o)

Next we will meet Abigail Marie (in the middle), born on July 7, 1997 at 1:17am. She is, needless to say, a night owl and the epitomy of a middle child. She was born at Bristol Hospital in Connecticut. Her birth was very easy...I was not even sure I was in labor when I finally decided to go to the hospital that night. Anywho... she was born, she slept through the night, it was all very easy with her thankfully, as her and Mason are a mere 11 months apart. Abigail... nicknamed "Abi" is 10% girl and 90% spunk. She's a dancer, a cheerleader and somehow the most spoiled of the bunch. Although to hear her tell it...its Garrick that's spoiled (you'll meet him later on). Anyway, me and Abi dont always see eye to eye, but this is due in part to me creating the "perfect" strong woman that I always wanted to be. She doesn't hesitate to question "why" and she never follows the crowd because its the easier thing to do...yet I do admit she will sometimes follow the crowd because the excitement brings her there. I do worry that she will end up like me...and I am working very hard to prevent that from happening. A good time is not always the better time. I just hope she will grow up realizing that before its too late.

Now its time to meet Garrick...born Garrick John on July 20, 2001. He's the smallest of the Non-Furry Crew members. But please make no mistakes about it, he's certainly not the meekest. This little man has fire in his gut. We have dubbed him "the little prince" on occassion, as my mother and father played a major roll in helping to raise Garrick when he turned 3...up until he was 4...or was it 5? At any rate, as Grandparents will be with their grandkids they were somewhat lenient with his discipline. I don't blame them...and he's a very good kid, he just takes a little more persuading than the others when it comes to getting a job done and believes that we were put here to serve him. He was use to my mom waiting on him hand over foot. Serving his every need. Garrick chose to follow in big-brother's footsteps and also plays soccer. His basic refusal to play or even TRY other sports leaves me and his father somewhat baffled. He's quick like lightening and can run like a gazelle. But he is sticking with soccer and doesn't want to hear anything else. He too likes his motorized vehicles....but him and Mason are nothing alike outside of their favorite activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment