Thursday, January 28, 2010

Snow Day


It is another snow swept day here in New England. You can tell everyone is coming down with a case of spring fever and its only January. Today we were to be (unexpectedly) blessed with a couple of inches, which is turning into slightly more than that. I'm not a fan of snow, it gives me this pit in my gut.

My chickens seem to be fairing the weather quite well however, spending time under the trampoline which allows them some snow-free grass to pick at. The dogs aren't the slightest bit interested in the snow today...spending their day lazing around the house moving from one dog bed to another. Snuggling in close by the fire to stay warm. Stanley watches intently at the windows as birds jump around in the tree tops looking for any morsel of food available.
Me and Mason, we took a snow day. Mason woke up with a hacking cough and I originally had an appointment this morning ~ which was canceled as the snow began to pile up in the streets. As a result I decided to call it a day and not bother with work. Have I mentioned how much I love my boss and the fact that I can just make spur of the moment decisions such as that??? Abi and Garrick will be home soon also a direct effect of the weather.
To sweeten the smell in the house me and Mason whipped up a loaf of cinnamon streusel (from a box of course). This will be nice when Abi and Garrick hop off their buses and come running up the snow covered driveway. I'll top the warm streusel with vanilla ice cream and everyone will smile.
Ah life is good...even when its snowing!

1 comment:

  1. oh, so your didn't go to your appt. that answers that. one of things you reminded me of, that i miss about snow, is watching the birds out the window. the winter birds are always the prettiest and brightest and they really stand out against the white backdrop. i miss the bluejays and cardinals.

    ReplyDelete