Friday, January 15, 2010

Have you Met MAX???

So approximately a month ago Abi was able to break me down and convince me that she had to have a bunny. This is Max a 5 month old (what i presume to be) Jersey Wooley. Rescued from a little lady in Meriden who had upwards of 45 bunnies in need of homes. She had stated that little Max here was a Lionhead, but I'm pretty sure he is not.
He is a quiet little bunny... as most bunnies are but he was sweet enough to allow Abi to carry him around from cage to cage while she made her choice of bunnies that day.
He was so "tame" that she couldn't possibly say NO to him and I do not think she has regretted her choice once.

He looks absolutely huge in this photo but he's really not a big bunny although he has HUGE FEET! I'll have to take a picture so you can see.

He's already litter box trained and while she does let him have free run of her bedroom for a while every night he seems content to lay low in his cage....EXCEPT when Stanley is about.

Chasing Stanley is his most favorite hobby and I think Stanley particularly enjoys it also. They seem to have fun playing this game for a few minutes every night before he leaps back into his cage.


His one downfall...he's incredibly thirsty during the night. I swear he drinks non-stop from midnight till about 4am. Its a little frustrating because its not like he's just drinking its like him and his water bottle are having a game of tug-a-war and the bottles winning.

But aside from that he's cute and I have to admit I go and see him almost everyday. I like him a lot better than the bunny I had when I was about 18. (bad timing on my part!). In the summer we plan on giving him some time outside, but not making him an Outside bunny. He's too cute to do that to.




Here they are sharing a little moment. <3>

1 comment:

  1. oh, i thought max was a new chicken. how cute. he sure does have big feet. does he live in abi's room? is he stinky? do bunnies bite? he's sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete